At Livingstone, we firmly believe that every child deserves the best start in life and that our curriculum and the other opportunities we offer help to ensure this. We keep the children at the forefront of everything we do as we look to support their development not only academically but also socially, emotionally and morally.
We have detailed key examples of our Curriculum Impact below:
- Strong reading results and a promotion of the love for reading has lead to our English lead delivering training as part of the 'Tameside Loves Reading' initiative.
- Our detailed work with our partner schools as part of the Mossley and Carrbrook Schools' Partnership ensures that we develop our curriculum to ensure the best education for the children of our town from 3 - 16. This includes transition units, use of subject expertise from the high school to develop our curriculum and work with subject leaders across the partnership to develop teaching and learning.
- Our children in Y5 and Y6 have the opportunity to complete the Junior Award Scheme for Schools which feeds into the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Please see the JASS page on this website for more information.
- We have achieved the AcSeed accreditation which is awarded to schools who place a high priority on the emotional health and wellbeing of their pupils and staff.
- Our extra-curricular opportunities ensure children have the ability to pursue their wider interests and develop talents.
For more detail, please see the attached document. For more information on our most recent set of academic results, please see the pages under 'Our Learning'.